Louise Bayles-Fightmaster, Private Judging & Mediation
Louise Bayles-Fightmaster is a retired Superior Court Family Law Commissioner with more than 30 years of dedicated experience.
Louise has made a significant difference for the litigants and courts of California by serving on the following statewide committees:
- Elkins Task Force
- Elkins Implementation Task Force
- Family and Juvenile Advisory Committee
- Family Law Executive Committee of the State Bar
- AFCC (Association of Family & Conciliation Courts) Board of Directors
A certified Family-Law Specialist, and a trained mediator, Louise is known for her strong and effective settlement skills, frequently resulting in efficient and cost effective resolutions to complex problems.
Louise will give you an honest and straight forward answer to your difficult and often emotionally charged questions. She promises you a complete commitment to your matter when critical events occur, and your phone calls and emails will always be responded to promptly.
Louise is one of the most respected legal minds in California, and her empathy and pragmatic approach is what helped set her apart from the field.
Achievements & Awards
- State Bar of California Family Law Section — Lifetime Achievement Award, 2015
- Sonoma County Bar Association 2015 Pro Bono Special Recognition Award, 2015
- Rex Sater Award for Excellence in Family Law — Sonoma County Bar Assoc. 2009
- Certified Family Law Specialist — September 1996
- State Bar of California — Admitted June 1979, No. 86916
- Lincoln University School of Law — Juris Doctorate, 1978
- University of Vermont — Bachelor of Arts, 1968